In the month leading up to Mothers’ Day this year, the concepts “Mom” and “Mother” energized 24-34% across the Top 100 products listed on Amazon in the Home Decor category.
Now you don’t need AI to tell you that! But we were delighted to discover this in our data because we were customizing our Energizing Concepts insight for Amber AI with the Amber Engine team.
While the Mothers’ Day concepts were pretty obvious, what isn’t obvious are which concepts will be energizing or fatiguing in a product category at any point in time. Our models are updated weekly and we share these insights for each category of product you list on Amazon – in context right where your team needs the information.
What is the current best practice for optimizing Amazon product listings?
Standard best practice for optimizing Amazon product listing is (from https://www.zonguru.com/blog/amazon-listing-optimization)
“To optimize your Amazon product listing, follow these … steps:
- Step 1: Craft a keyword-focused title containing your brand name and the most essential information about your product.
- Step 2: Write bullet points explaining how your product can benefit your customers. Include long-tail keywords but avoid repetition.
- Step 3: Upgrade your product description to make it interesting. Try to communicate your product value within the first 200 characters by highlighting usage and practicality. “
There are already hundreds of blog posts similar to this – basically get someone intelligent to mine for keywords using a tool like Sellics, Junglescout, etc, and then have your eCommerce team write product listing titles, bullet points, and descriptions to include those keywords.
What’s missing from the current best practice?
A picture tells a story, right? The thing most users look at is the image on the listing and after that, it’s the additional images…how do you optimize those? Most blog posts are silent on this as the keyword tools can’t tell you what your image is missing. Now while it is pretty difficult to change the main image on an Amazon product listing (because of their very strict rules) you do have a lot of leeway with your additional images and this is a great opportunity to showcase your product to your potential buyer – obviously – but what if you could know what types of images will work well in your product category?
With Amber AI you can see how to improve each product attribute for every product that needs the change – so rather than spending time working out what to change your team can just do the changes. Here is an example for additional images:
We’ve simplified the process so you can easily delegate the tasks
With Amber AI the process is a lot simpler:
- Upload your product listing using our template
- See a list of the recommended change to keywords, amount of content, type of content, etc
- Work through the list in order of impact, test your changes and resolve for export.
- Export the changes (and upload to your PIM or Amazon).
Want to try it out? Sign up for our beta here: https://amber.junction.ai/signup